Thursday 20 January 2011

Thunderbird.


Last summer I went to a day festival with my mother and her boyfriend which had what looked like an already rigor mortised Bob Dylan headlining and some other absolutely forgettable bands/famous crackheads. However, what shone out like a pissed stained, whisky breathed beacon of hope was Seasick Steve, the only act of the day I was looking forward to seeing. He sings with a knowledge of the road, belonging to the 'other', basically being an absolute badass, and tells his stories with absolute sincerity and conviction. You know this man is real, and could probably beat you until you shit out your own face. 

After he played I walked around on my own, sat between the burrito van and the bar and spent all of my money between the two, got sunburnt, drunk and shouted 'play Ace of Spades' repeatedly whilst Bob Dylan played. Fuck your revolution.

No comments:

Post a Comment